7.12.2010

Brief Hiatus from Important Posts





Hey Everyone!

So due to a lack of planning ahead, I will not be doing large posts for today or tomorrow as I drive across the country on my way home to San Francisco from Madison. I will just be posting small art snippets from my travels. It turns out there is a lot of great art in unexpected places.

For instance, yesterday I went to the fabulous Nelson-Atkins Museum in Kansas City, Missouri and was blown away by the incredible collection that included the beautiful Penitent Magdalen shown above by El Greco (and they have a fantastic Caravaggio! Who knew?! Not me, that's for certain!).

More to come tomorrow!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lydia!

    If you are still in Kansas you might consider stopping at the Garden of Eden in Lucas (above Lake Wilson between Salina and Russell.) It is a BIZARRE mix of folk and political sculpture that would even impress Gary Sweeney.

    Bet you did not know you had an aunt from Kansas. Happy to "discover" your blog. Congrats on everything. Come visit in Durango? KJ

    ReplyDelete