8.01.2010

Short Hiatus/Brief Respite/Lovely Interlude.... Intermission.




Hello Everyone!

As I'm sure most of you (since I assume many of you can count) have noticed, I have not been able to post everyday, 5 days a week for the last few weeks. Everything is fine (I got some worried emails!) but I am currently in a bit of a transition period (graduating from university, going home for a bit, spending time between San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York, then getting ready to MOVE to New York) and so am going to take about a month long hiatus from posting regularly as I work on my life in the real world! I will post news articles that seem particularly interesting, flashes about some of the art I am seeing, but will not be posting the titular single work of art posts daily as I re-order my life and wait for my art library to catch up with me once I am settled in New York.

I hope you will check back in after August, a notoriously dead month in the art industry anyway as galleries close and auction house employees generally take vacations, so it seems a fitting time to regroup and relocate! Hope to see you back soon, and that you enjoy some of the tidbits in the interim.

Above is a work by Alexander Calder that is currently in San Francisco at the SFMoMA as part of the Fisher Collection that was recently donated upon the death of Donald Fisher, the founder of Gap Inc.

And so, I sign off with a few cliche words... See you in September.


*above picture taken by Lydia at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, San Francisco, CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment