7.19.2010

New York, New York


So I am in New York, on rather short notice, and am just now getting around to figuring out what is up at all the museums and what I am going to see this week. Thought I would share the information for anyone in the area or anyone who might be visiting soon.

Metropolitian Museum of Art
An Italian Journey: Drawings from the Tobey Collection, Correggio to Tiepolo
American Woman: Fashioning a National Identity

Frick Collection (one of the best, I always go even if only to see the permanent collection)
From Mansion to Museum: The Frick Collection Celebrates bSeventy-Five Years

Guggenheim

Broken Forms: European Modernism from the Guggenheim Collection
The Geometry of Kandinsky and Malevich

Museum of Modern Art
Matisse: Radical Invention, 1913-1917 (which I saw in Chicago at the Art Institute but I NEED to see the Portrait of Yvonne Landsberg (above) again!)

And if there is time....

Neue Galerie
Otto Dix (yes I am going to see it again!)

Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum
National Design Triennal

No comments:

Post a Comment