3.26.2010

Due to Popular Demand: Manet, Part Deux

I am so pleased that so many of you are reading this blog! When I started I didn't know if it would be something that died quickly due to lack of interest or if it would at least sustain until the end of the school year! I am overwhelmed by the great comments I have been getting! The enthusiasm of the readers is amazing and I'm so glad that everyone is enjoying the work. So without further ado, due to emails on the Manet post earlier this week, I am posting other famous examples of his work here. The are posted in chronological order with the earliest at the top. Enjoy!



Music in the Tuileries, 1862


Olympia, 1863


Self-Portrait, 1879


Le Bar aux Folies-Bergère, 1881-1882


Make sure to check in next week when Lauren Fliegelman guest blogs again on Japonisme and the work below!


Portrait of Emile Zola 1867-1868. Oil on canvas. Musée d'Orsay, Paris, France


Have a wonderful weekend! I am off to Las Vegas for a few days; definitely ready for some warm weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment